Thursday, December 13, 2018

Fireplace or Formica?


Yesterday I had my first nagging craving. I’ve had a few very brief thoughts about drinking but nothing that lasted more than a minute or two and nothing I couldn’t quickly dismiss. But yesterday was a bit different.

I had the day off with a doctor appointment scheduled at noon and an appointment for my hair at 4PM. Both appointments were in town and I had some free time to grab some lunch between.  Argh. One of my favorite pub restaurants is in town. It is a cozy, warm place with a fireplace, great salads and sandwiches and all decorated for Christmas.  There was absolutely no way I could even consider going there. I have spent far too many hours there with friends, family and alone eating, relaxing and, of course DRINKING!  So poor me. I ended up eating lunch at a Subway at a yellow formica booth.

I know. My mind was equating warm and cozy with drinks and drab yellow formica with AF. And I felt sorry for myself. Blah! I was over it all by the time I reached the hair salon but still, it was an uncomfortable hour or so.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, you did great by avoiding your favorite pub. It's very hard in the early days but it does get easier. Keep going! x

    ReplyDelete